Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Assistant to the president on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has called on the South Africa government to take decisive and definitive measures to protect Nigeria citizens and other Africans within South Africa borders.

screenshot_2017-02-20-15-11-05-1

The aide said that the silence of the  South African government is pushing Nigerians to the wall and may warrant sanctions.

She equally urged the African Union to intervene in the new xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other Africans around South Africa.

According to a statement made available to Daily post, Abike Dabiri-Erewa said the attacks are unnecessary setback.

The Nigeria community led by Ikechukwu Anyene had confirmed the attacks and looting of Nigeria owned businesses in Pretoria West on Saturday.

Anyene said that the incident had been reported to Nigeria mission and South Africa police. ” As we speak, five houses with Nigeria owned business outlet has been looted and burned down, including a church by South Africans”,  said Ayene.

Abike Dabiri had advised Nigerians to be more cautious as it seems that South African government has no power over this attacks.

The SSA,  However, urged restraint on the part of Nigerians and warned that further attacks without reprimand may cause dire consequences.

Abike said that the attention of AU was being called because information has it that there will be another attack on foreigners come 22 and 23 February.

Two weeks ago, Abike Dabiri met with the South Africa High Commissioner in Nigeria,  Mr Lulu Aaron Mnguni concerning killing of Nigerians in South Africa. “We have lost 116 Nigerians in the last two years and in 2016 alone, about 20 were been killed. This is unacceptable to the people of Nigeria and the Government of Nigeria,” the official warned.

Mr lulu Aaron then promised BT hat the South African government was investigating the matter.

Leave a Reply